Monday, July 30, 2007

My Body is a wonderland... or not!


(View of the Bin Majid Resort beach)


(The pool bar)

(text written on 27th of July, 5:30pm)
Eversince I arrived in Dubai, my body’s been wanting to get a massage. Today, that wish was granted. Driving 2 hours from Dubai, we arrived in Ras Al Khaimah last night. Bin Majid Beach Resort is quite nice. Good food and nicely situated by the beach with a nice view. We came here with Toni’s colleagues Tero with wife Marju and son Ukko, and Petri and wife Lara. There isn’t anything to complain about really. I enjoy the place. With very good company. What more, the staff are very nice, of course they are about 40% Filipinos. Most of them are restaurant staff.

For 100€ a night/room, breakfast, lunch and dinner included, you get to enjoy the pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play place, and of course the beach and the sun. The one thing that bothers me though is the water in the shower. Whatever time you take a shower, the water is always warm to hot. That Ria can’t take it. But I already fixed that problem in our apartment.

So, as soon as I got in the room, I checked the services for listing of massages. Ayurveda is the key to health! For 30€, you get 45mins of intensive body massage. As of this writing, I just enjoyed one 30 minutes ago. I can assure you that the massage is really good. Thanks to Tutchaya (I hope I spelled that correctly), she’s from Sri Lanka. But my body is accustomed to hard or very hard massage. In Manila, it is a necessity. Now a days, especially in Finland, it’s a luxury, I tell you. It is sooo damn expensive. But with this I pay tribute to the people who have lambasted my body through the years…  

SengSeng is my mom’s neighbor who was the first ever to give me a massage. I was 16 then and it was after a strenuous volleyball championship game at San Juan de Dios College (where I received my MVP… naks, just boasting). She was always there when I needed her during the time I was working in the restaurant. Up until now, whenever I go home to Manila she’s just a text away. And last February, I booked her for 5 Thursdays until I left for Finland. Fee: P300 (5€ /hr)
Maria is my favorite from the Grand Makati Spa I frequented while I was working in the office near it. She’s an inch shorter than I am, but she can flip me and rock me and just put me right back to my feet. Fee: P500 (9€/hr)
Cathy is an 18 yr. Old blind girl who I always call for home service when Toni and I lived in Makati. She can just relax my body and put me right to sleep. Fee P300 plus taxi fare.
Roquette is probably the best I ever had. Haha! Massage I mean. He’s a 50 yr. Old gay guy who is famous for torture massage in the island of Boracay. Torture? You ask. Because he can give the hard massages even under the sweltering summer heat. Well, not torture for the client, but for him. Though I always ask him to come to our room. If you are in Bora, go ask for him from any of the masahistas by the beach, if you are not sensitive about a gay guy touching you. Fee: Depends on the massage rate of the island. You pay the same price to anyone by the beach, except I’d give him about P100 more.
There’s this one Finnish guy who lives in Kerimäki near mummi’s place that I never fail to consult whenever we come to visit. He gives the sports massages but he wouldn’t complain about giving me hard ones. So he would really sweat a lot while am on the table. He’s also quite good, and sometimes loses track of time. Fee: 60€/1½ hrs. (But really worth it)

No comments: